Amp What Help
Search queries will match
- name or partial name of the Unicode character, eg. hea or heart
- name or partial name of the Unicode code page, eg. hiragana
- HTML entity code or name, eg. amp or raqu
- Unicode number in decimal, hex or octal, eg. 2665 or 2603 or 2f97 or ⾗
- textual description, eg. icon or weather or pig or ligature or latin ligature
- regular expressions, if surrounded by / characters, eg. /note|music/ (♫) or /97[2-6]\d/ (icons!) or /&\w/ (HTML character entities)
Once you select a character in the search results, you can either click on the image of the character, or press "C" to copy it to the clipboard.
Click on the blue frame of a character to bring up the single character view. From this view, click on the character or its code to copy it.
When focused on the grid of results (hit "tab" after a search):
- Copy the current character to the clipboard. You can also click on the image of the character.
- arrow keys, Home, End
- will navigate within the grid
- VI(m) shortcuts
- g,h,j,k, etc. will navigate like VI and related editors
- Emacs shortcuts
- a, e, p, n, etc. will navigate like Emacs and related editors
- ⏎ (return)
- opens the single character detail view
- ⏎, ␣
- close the single character viewer
Pressing ? will bring up this help screen.