Amp What Help
Once you select a character in the search results, you can either click on the image of the character, or press "C" to copy it to the clipboard.
Click on the blue frame of a character to bring up the single character view. From this view, click on the character or its code to copy it.
When focused on the grid of results:
- Copy the current character to the clipboard. You can also click on the image of the character.
- arrow keys, Home, End
- will navigate within the grid
- VI(m) shortcuts
- g,h,j,k, etc. will navigate like VI and related editors
- Emacs shortcuts
- a, e, p, n, etc. will navigate like Emacs and related editors
- ⏎ (return)
- opens the single character detail view
- ⏎, ␣
- close the single character viewer
Pressing ? will bring up this help screen.
Search queries will match
- name or partial name of the Unicode character, eg. hea or heart
- name or partial name of the Unicode code page, eg. hiragana
- HTML entity code or name, eg. amp or raqu
- Unicode number in decimal, hex or octal, eg. 2665 or 2603 or 2f97 or ⾗
- textual description, eg. icon or weather or pig or ligature or latin ligature
- regular expressions, if surrounded by / characters, eg. /note|music/ (♫) or /97[2-6]\d/ (icons!) or /&\w/ (HTML character entities)